Over five million businesses and organizations around the world utilize DingTalk, a free, professional office tool that is infamous for being deluged with one-star evaluations by students trying to avoid online learning. It is one of the UNESCO-recommended platforms for online education. DingTalk for pc has developed ways to assist both students and employees in carrying on with their employment and education during challenging times during a time of uncertainty brought on by COVID-19.
Download the DingTalk app from Google Play or Apple Store and install it. You can also download DingTalk directly from its official website. Once you have installed DingTalk, follow these steps to get started with the application.
- Open DingTalk and click on “New Account” in the top right corner of the screen. This will open a new window where you need to enter your phone number. The first time that you use this account, you will be asked to create a PIN code as well. Enter your PIN code in the box provided and then click on Save. Your phone number will now appear in the list of available numbers.
- Next, select the country where you want to make/receive calls. Selecting a suitable country is important because not all countries are supported by DingTalk. If you live outside the US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Ireland and some other regions, you might find a few features missing.
- To add a contact, simply tap on the “+” button at the bottom left side of the screen and choose whether to import an existing contact or start a new one. DingTalk allows you to import contacts from Gmail, Facebook and Skype. You can also choose to import contacts from a local device’s address book.
- After importing contacts from various sources, you can add more contacts by tapping on the “+” button again. You can search through your contacts’ information by typing their names into the search bar and clicking on “Search”.
- Now that you have added all the necessary contacts, you may want to edit them. Click on the name of any contact to view the details about him/her. You can modify their profile information by tapping on the Edit button.
- You can also block specific numbers by selecting a contact on the list and tapping on the “Block” button. If you have blocked someone, they won’t receive any call from your mobile phone. You can unblock a contact by tapping on the “Unblock” button.
- Now that you know how to set up a new user, let us proceed to use the DingTalk app. Tap on the “Call” button at the bottom of the home screen. You will see four options listed on the left-hand side of the page – Call, Text, Web Chat and Video Call. A quick look at each option will help you understand what kind of functions it offers. For example, if you choose to make a video call using DingTalk, you will need to download and install a special software on your computer before you can do so.
- You can send text messages and browse your inbox by tapping on “Text”, “Web Chat” or “Video Call”. These options allow you to chat via webcam, IM (instant messaging) or video call respectively. To take advantage of these options, you need to install a separate software on your PC.
- After choosing an option, you can either type a message or press the Search button to browse messages. You can also delete a message by long-pressing on it.
- When you finish your conversation, just tap on “Sent” to end the call. There is no need to save any chats if you don’t want to. You can also share photos and videos with your friends by tapping on the “Share” button.
- To check out more features, tap on the Settings icon located across the top of the screen. From here, you can change your profile picture, enable/disable notifications, configure the sound settings, etc.
- Some users may find it difficult to navigate the DingTalk app due to the large amount of content. To solve this problem, DingTalk provides several shortcuts on the home screen. Just swipe down on the screen to reveal the menu. You can access these shortcuts by clicking on the three vertical dots next to the Home button.
- You can also adjust the brightness and volume of your phone by double-tapping on the screen. This feature will only work when you have connected your mobile to the PC via USB cable.
- Finally, there is one last setting that you should consider. By default, the DingTalk app works in private mode. If you want to switch to public mode, you can always go back to the main screen and tap on the “Settings” button.
Now that you know how to use the DingTalk app, we hope the following tips will prove useful to you.