The population of planet earth is around 8 billion and counting where the numbers keep fluctuating every now and when with nearly 10 million having a house of their own or so the official data says.
It is important to have a roof on top of your head so that you can take shelter from the weather conditions outside but nowadays, one has to think more about family than oneself.
Every house differs in size and shape but almost each one has a kitchen and bathroom for obvious reasons and today we shall focus on the former by taking up the topic of kitchen/range hood and its importance.
First of all, what is a range hood? It is defined as a device that houses a mechanical fan that hangs above the gas stove that helps in removing airborne dust, grease, smoke, excessive, steam and smoke from the air through filtration so that they all are evacuated from the surroundings.
It is necessary to have a range hood in the house along with fire proof material so as to avert any fire accidents that are most likely to take place in a house that contains not just a gas cylinder but other highly inflammable materials.
While there are many types of hoods available, the ductless one is the most preferred choice among people that we shall discuss about and if you are looking for the best ductless range hoods, there is a plethora of info regarding them available online.
If you have bought a range hood for the first time and are having trouble in installing it in the kitchen, the following points will be of great help to you where you can understand it in a step by step process.
Duct and ductless range hoods are the two types that you can find readily available but as mentioned above, it is the latter that is most preferred but the steps involved in installing the hood depends on which one you are having.
A ductless range hood is easier to install as having a duct adds a few extra steps and takes a little longer to fix following the installation process but if you are using a new one in place of a ducted one, then you need not do much as it is already in place.
- First of all, you need to switch off the circuit breaker along with all other electrical appliances in the area where you are installing the range hood because there are a lot of wires and circuits that can be dangerous so the power supply has to be turned off before beginning
- In case of replacement, first remove the first one by unscrewing the nut bolts and disconnecting the wire where you can have someone close by to provide a helping hand in stabilizing the range
- The new range hood has to be compatible with the area as the old duct work is because there are some that travel upwards while others come back through walls
- Drill a hole into the wall when you’re installing a new range hood but be careful regarding the pipes, which is why a contractor needs to be hired
- Install the range hood and seal off the remaining joints with duct tape and screw up the bolts